Author Topic: CD Article: 2007 Ford Explorer Sporttrac  (Read 7920 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
CD Article: 2007 Ford Explorer Sporttrac
« on: July 10, 2006, 10:00:02 pm »
You may discuss our cover story of the day in this thread....
Test Drive:
2007 Ford Explorer Sporttrac

2007 Ford Explorer SporttracAfter a hiatus in 2006, the Ford Sport Trac returns for the 2007 model year.  It's now based on the all-new Explorer and for the first time offers V8 power. "While the idea of a small pickup box tacked on an SUV may seem gimmicky, it's considerably more useful than it initially looks," says Assistant Editor Jil McIntosh.    More...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 07:47:32 am by wing »

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 128i & 2008 Volvo C30
Re: CD Article: 2007 Ford Explorer Sporttrac
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:38:27 am »
Bland looking interior. I'm still not impressed with the Sport trac. Granted, I'm definately not (and probably will never be) in the market for one of these, but still, I think the new Avalanche is far superior. Or even the Tacoma.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:03:11 am »
At least the interior is not different shades of light beige like some other Fords I've seen lately. What a dirty idea for a truck.

I can't figure out where the door handles are in the truck. The silver curved things on top or what look like plastic grab handles underneath?
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

nefcanuck

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 10:11:31 am »
Bland looking interior. I'm still not impressed with the Sport trac. Granted, I'm definately not (and probably will never be) in the market for one of these, but still, I think the new Avalanche is far superior. Or even the Tacoma.

In the Sport Trac's defense, comparing it to the Avalanche is a little unfair.  The Avalanche is a bigger vehicle, allows you to use the rearmost seat area as part of the load carrying area (Fold down seats and dissapearing glass)  I'm not even sure that the Tacoma can be fairly compared to either vehicle though.

Having said that I will agree, that the Sport Trac's interior is very bland looking, it needs something to differentiate the acres of plastic in the interior.

If I needed what the Sport Trac offered, it would be on my shopping list.

NefCanuck

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 128i & 2008 Volvo C30
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 10:12:49 am »
In the Sport Trac's defense, comparing it to the Avalanche is a little unfair.  The Avalanche is a bigger vehicle, allows you to use the rearmost seat area as part of the load carrying area (Fold down seats and dissapearing glass)  I'm not even sure that the Tacoma can be fairly compared to either vehicle though.

Fair enough.

Offline Loudpedal

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +6/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '08 Acura TL '08 Honda Odyssey
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 10:19:23 am »
Unless max towing was required, my Sport Trac would come in the disguise of a Honda Ridgeline or Toyota Tacoma.   :D
Internal combustion thrust I trust

Offline G0dspd

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
  • Vroum Vroum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 11:24:35 pm »
In the Sport Trac's defense, comparing it to the Avalanche is a little unfair. The Avalanche is a bigger vehicle, allows you to use the rearmost seat area as part of the load carrying area (Fold down seats and dissapearing glass) I'm not even sure that the Tacoma can be fairly compared to either vehicle though.

The closest thing would be the Honda Ridgeline ... maybe the Tacoma depending on what you'Re looking for.
"Can we make this quick? I have to give a banana to Annie's Boobs."