Author Topic: Has anyone heard about the Accord V6 6 speed sedan coming to Canada?  (Read 5336 times)

rearadmiral

This month (February) Car and Driver has an Accord V6 with the coupe's six speed manual transmission in it.  The U.S. Honda site has information on it being a new offering.  There's nothing that I can find about it on the Honda canada site.  Anyone heard anything?

(BTW - maybe the Honda Canada site actually does have something about it, but I gave up looking.  The site has been recently redesigned, but they still seem to use an old VIC 20 as their server.  Whenever I want to look for something on the Honda/Acura site I make it a point to open a second browser window so I can surf something else while waiting (and waiting... and waiting) for the Honda page to load.  Sorry for the rant...)

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 128i & 2008 Volvo C30
Re: Has anyone heard about the Accord V6 6 speed sedan coming to Canada?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 08:18:47 pm »
As far as I know, the V6 six speed was offered in the coupe about a year or two after its redesign if memory serves me. And they are also damn hard to get/find.

mdxtasy

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 01:51:14 am »
Honda has great engineers designing fantastic cars with superb reliability and quality.  Why the hell can they not find 3 web designers to build them a friggin' website?  Holy cripes....

rearadmiral

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:18:40 am »
The six speed coupe has been around since the redesign, but in the US for 2006 they're getting the six speed in the V6 sedan too.  That's the car I'm wondering about.

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 10:21:54 am »
Sorry, I read coupe in the title the first time. Maybe hondasalesguy can help you out.

GLX97

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 08:41:14 am »
From what I know, the dealer confirmed that the sedan V6 5 spd is available only in the USA.  :-[

a4_tom

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 01:01:13 pm »
Accord V6 6MT is such a sleeper that Canadian is getting a short end of the stick compares to our neighbor again. ::) ::) :'( :'(

hondasalesguy

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 09:38:23 am »
Honda Canada has "no plans" to bring the accord EX V6 Sedan with manual 6 speed transmission here. They tell us the market would be too small to justify bringing it up here. I tend to agree, I may have a couple customers per YEAR ask me why no V6 manual in the Accord Sedan. Even the Accord Coupe 6 speed V6 is not a very big seller.

The 5 speed 4 cylinder Accord EX Sedan is reasonably peppy and only runs $29,500...

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 10:24:38 am »
"Even the Accord Coupe 6 speed V6 is not a very big seller."

I thought the V6 6 speed coupe was hard to get because they couldn't keep em on the lots  ???

hondasalesguy

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 11:33:10 am »
No more like they don't build many of them for the Canadian market. Our dealership (725 cars per year) sells maybe 1 Accord EX V6 Coupe with manual transmission every other month...

Since most people don't really think of an Accord as a "Sports" Sedan I doubt the lack of a manual tranny in the V6 model really hurts us much... Nationally only about 15% of Accord buyers go for the V6, our bread and butter is the (fairly vanilla) 4 door, 4 cylinder, cloth seats, automatic model.

Offline Iso Octane

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-3
  • to the beat of the different drum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 12:17:11 pm »
Honda has great engineers designing fantastic cars with superb reliability and quality.  Why the hell can they not find 3 web designers to build them a friggin' website?  Holy cripes....

The Mazda Canada site is so much worse.  I can build a better one in my sleep.

a4_tom

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 02:06:45 pm »
Maybe its their marketing purpose, if you want a sports sedan for the price of Accord EX-V6. You have to go buy TSX.

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 10:20:20 pm »
HSG and Honda have a good point...  those people that would look at the Accord  Coupe V6 6 speed probably often go up to the TSX or down to the Civic Si.  For significantly less money I would probably take the Si over the Accord, even if the Accord would offer better performance numbers...

The market that would probably go for the Accord V6 manual is probably relatively small: men that need a "badge" but like the manual tranny...  an Accord V6 is a relatively impressive car.  Does the four banger model have a leather option?

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 10:20:56 pm »
(PS: Tom makes a good point too.)

hondasalesguy

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 10:58:13 pm »
Oh yeah you can get a leather Accord 4 cylinder with manual 5 speed tranny for about $29,500 + freight + taxes. And that would also give you a full load, leather, heated (front) seats, power roof, 16" alloys, 4 wheel discs, 6 airbags, 6 CD changer, etc.

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 11:27:05 pm »
Now that's a car I would look at...  :)

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 11:23:16 am »
V6 5/6 sp sedans are something that you see demand for on enthusiast sites like this or that Motor Trend throws into there tests as the best performing example of a model but they just don't seem to sell in any real volumes.

Maybe its because most of the buyers of 6 cyl Sports Sedans don't actually drive them as sport sedans. Its for the badge or for the Luxury side.

A v6 spd Accord Sedan with some type of sports suspension would interest me but it would just canabilize sales from the TSX and most likley TL.

I can understand from a marketing sales perspective why they wouldn't bother to offer a 6 spd V6 Accord. Actual sales would be tiny. Just try finding a used 6 sp G35 sedan to show you how rare sales of these things are.